Friday, August 17, 2007

A summer to forget....

This summer has been a difficult time in our family. Jason hurt his ankle at the beginning of June and it still hasn't completely healed. Baxter (our dog) also hurt his ankle and had to have surgery. He is really milking all of the attention and walks that he is getting. And last, but not least, we have the pregnancy that wasn't meant to be.

We started our 2nd IVF cycle in mid April and we did end up getting pregnant. I remember when Jason called me to tell me the great news (the nurse couldn't get a hold of me and she wanted to talk to one of us to tell us the news!). I remember telling my parents and how they both cried because they were so excited. I remember how cute Jason was touching my belly each night and telling our embryos to snuggle in. Unfortunately it was short lived. When we went in for our 1st ultrasound we couldn't see anything. Two excruciating days later we went in for another ultrasound and still couldn't see anything. My betas were still doubling. Long story short it was an ectopic pregnancy. I couldn't and still can't believe that after over 2 and 1/2 years of trying to conceive that my first ever pregnancy would end as an ectopic! How unfair is that??? Other people get pregnant by "just having sex" and I have to pay thousands of dollars and endure hundreds of needles and the "dildo cam" just to have a shot at it!

Jason and I (mostly me - he is much better at dealing with these things) are still upset over it. It means we have to keep on trying. The hell is not over.

We tried to do another IVF during the summer time, but I had a cyst. So, we are waiting until the beginning of September to start IVF #3. We've decided that we will do 2 more IVF cycles total before moving on. Hopefully the third time's the charm!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm sorry to hear about your rough summer. I can definitely relate, as I had my second loss last month.

I hope the third IVF is the charm for you too. Sending lots of love your way.

Anonymous said...

I was checking up on your status and saw that you started a blog! Enjoy it - it is so therapeutic. I'm so excited for your cycle in just a couple weeks and I will be praying as hard as I can for you and Jason that the third time is the charm. Take care ((hugs)).

M said...

I am so glad to see you have started a blog. I will put you on my Reader. I hope to follow what turns out to be the long road of pregnancy with you.