Thursday, January 3, 2008

Hmmm.... Not sure what to call this one....

I finally took the time to look at our agency's online profile tool. It tells you who has looked at your profile and the result. I saw that our profile had been shown on 12/27/07 to a birthmom and as this was our first "showing" of course I had questions. I emailed the social worker and asked her if we would get any feedback from the birthmom about our profile (we want to make changes if something turns her off) and then also asked if the online tool would be updated when she chose someone.
Our social worker emailed me back to call her. The conversation went something like this:

Jennifer - "Hey Kathryn! Just wanted to talk to you about your questions. I will definitely let you know if a birthmom has feedback about your profile, but most of the time they don't. Most of the time they say that they just felt more connected with another family. And we definitely update the MIS once the birthmom has chosen a family."
Me - "Okay." Wondering why you couldn't email me that???
Jennifer - "We did show your profile and the birthmom wants to meet you."
Me - "WHAT???"
Jennifer - "Yes, and she ONLY wants to meet you and Jason. No other families."
Me (shaking terribly) - "What???? Did you say she wants to meet us?"
Jennifer - "Yes."
Me (still shaking) - "And only us?"
Jennifer - "Yes."

Then we continued our conversation and Jennifer told me all about the birthmom and birthdad and their histories. She also told me about the birthmom's prenatal care, etc. All around it sounds like an awesome situation for us. And, the due date is March 15th! Our 5th wedding anniversary.

This is my conversation with Jason:
Me - "I'm not sure what to say, but a birthmom wants to meet us, and only us."
Jason - "What?"
Me - "You heard me. Can you believe it?" I then summarized ALL of the information that Jennifer and I talked about.
Jason - "Are we really that kick ass?"

Anyways, thanks for letting me get that out. I know that reading a bunch of dialogue is kind of weird, but I am still SOOOO freaked out right now. Hopefully we'll meet with the birthmom in the next week or two.

Obviously I have more information than I'm divulging, but we'll wait and see what happens.

2 comments:

M said...

FANTASTIC!!!!! I hope this is your miracle.

Stacey, Marc, Drew and Tyler said...

OMG Kat that is so amazing. So incredibly excited for you. Can't wait to hear the updates.

Stacey (FF)