Monday, February 11, 2008

Due to popular request....

I am THE WORST blogger. It doesn't even cross my mind to post until someone points out to me that they are waiting for an update!
We talked with the birthmom on Thursday night. It was a little awkward, but generally a good conversation. The conversation seemed a lot more natural than it did with the other birthmom that we were talking to. We have quite a bit in common. The agency is trying to set up an in person meeting between us and B sometime this weekend. I am hoping that the first "facilitator" (and I use that term loosely) that we had is not there and that it is someone else. I honestly feel like we would do much better without her there. But, if it is someone else from the agency I think we'll be okay. Or, I would even feel comfortable doing it without anyone from the agency there.
I am a little excited, but not as excited as I was before. Not because of this birthmom or anything to do with her, but I just can't allow myself to get my hopes up. Besides, this does not seem real to me yet. I think that I'll believe it when I have a baby in my arms.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the update! It sounds like things are looking promising. I'm still keeping everything crossed for a much better outcome than the last!

M said...

I am glad to see an update. I can totally understand protecting yourself and hope this match works out for you guys.